Terms and conditions of Participation in RealTime Conference
April 6 & 7, 2020 in New York and Paris
This agreement is between you (the “Participant”; “You”) and Hippogryph Productions LLC, a corporation incorporated in South Dakota, with a registered place of affairs at 910 Riverside Drive, app. 7B, New York, New York, 10032, United States (“RealTime Conference”).
These Terms and Conditions apply to (a) your use of the website www.realtimeconference.com (the “Website”), (b) your purchase of a ticket to attend the RealTime Conference on April 6 and 7, 2020 in New York and Paris (the “Conference”) and (c) your participation and attendance to the Conference (together, the “Services”).
- Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. When you navigate and use our Website, you accept these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, please do not use our Website.
- Disclaimer. The information contained on the Website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by RealTime Conference and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the Website, or the information, services, products or related graphics contained on the Website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- Third Party Content. Through this Website, you are able to link to other websites, media or content which are not under the control of RealTime Conference (“Third Party Content”). We do not have control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Personal Information
- Third Party Websites. Third Party Content is subject to such third parties’ privacy policies and practices for handling Personal Information.
- Terms of Sale
- “Ticket Price” means the amount determined by RealTime Conference to be paid by the Participant to acquire tickets for the Conference. These amounts are set forth on the Website, and depend on the types of tickets being acquired by the Participant.
- Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. When you acquire a ticket for the Conference, you accept the Terms and Conditions set forth in this provision upon completion of the payment process. If you purchase tickets for third parties, these third parties accept the Terms and Conditions by accepting such tickets.
- Upon completing the registration process, including the payment of the fees, a Participant will receive a receipt automatically generated by PayPal. If you do not receive a receipt within forty-eight (48) hours of your registration, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to confirm your purchase by reaching out to us at . Only you may be aware of any problems that may occur during the purchase process. RealTime Conference will not be responsible for losses (monetary or otherwise) if you assume that an order was placed and failed to receive confirmation.
- Tickets. Tickets are received by e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of your registration. If you do not receive your tickets, please confirm your purchase by contacting RealTime Conference at .
- Ticket Transfer. Tickets may be transferred to a third party, in which case, tickets may not be resold at a value superior to the Ticket Price set forth on the Website. To transfer a ticket to a different name, please reach out to . Upon accepting a transferred ticket, the Participant accepts these Terms and Conditions.
- Third Parties. If you acquire tickets for the benefit of a third party, you confirm that you have been authorized by such third party to provide all requested information, including Personal Information, as required for the registration process. Each third party pursuant to this provision shall be considered a Participant. You represent and warrant that you are authorized to register such Participant and accept these Terms and Conditions on their behalf.
- Promotional Codes. RealTime Conference reserves its right to offer promotional codes and discounts to partners or during specific promotional events, or as RealTime Conference considers appropriate. These are only valid on the indicated dates, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions if indicated in writing. Subject to applicable legislations, such promotions cannot be applied on earlier or later purchased tickets.
- Cancellation by Participant. The Participant may cancel participation as set forth in this provision by writing to . If the ticket is cancelled before February 5, 2020, RealTime Conference will reimburse 100% of the Ticket Price. If the ticket is cancelled between February 6, 2020]and March 5, 2020, we will refund 50% of the Ticket Price. If the ticket is cancelled after March 5, 2020, no reimbursement is available. All cancellations are subject to a fifty (50) US dollars cancellation fee, which is deducted automatically from the amount of the reimbursement.
- Cancellation by RealTime Conference. RealTime Conference reserves its right to cancel the Conference. If the Conference is cancelled, and you purchased a ticket, we will automatically issue you a full refund to the credit card or PayPal account or other method of payment used to make your purchase. This shall be the only remedy of the Participant in case of a cancellation by RealTime Conference, and in no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from a cancellation by RealTime Conference except as it relates to the reimbursement of the Ticket Price contemplated in this provision.
- Change of Date. RealTime Conference reserves its right to change the Conference dates at its sole discretion. In this case, Participants shall have a right to cancel their participation without any fees. We will automatically issue you a full refund to the credit card or PayPal account or other method of payment used to make your purchase, and in no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from a cancellation by RealTime Conference except as it relates to the reimbursement of the Ticket Price contemplated in this provision.
- Limited tickets. The number of tickets available for the Conference is limited. Participants are enlisted on a first come first serve basis.
- Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. When you acquire a ticket for the Conference, you also accept the Terms and Conditions applicable to your participation.
- Participation. Participation is only authorized pursuant to the acquisition of a ticket for the Conference. Tickets are available online on the Website, and are not available at the door.
- Accuracy of Information Provided. The Participant warrants and represents that the information provided as part of the registration process and sale of tickets is accurate to be the best of the Participant’s knowledge. All fields market (*) are mandatory and must be provided. In case of an error, please contact RealTime Conference at .
- Modification to the Conference. We reserve our right to modify the list of speakers and/or the agenda as justified in the circumstances. Unless the changes modify substantially and materially the nature of the Conference, we shall not be liable for such changes. If the changes are substantial and material given the nature of the Conference, we will advise Participants by e-mail, and Participants may request the reimbursement of their tickets, in which case, such reimbursement shall be the only remedy available to Participants, and in no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from a change to the Conference by RealTime Conference except as it relates to the reimbursement of the Ticket Price contemplated in this provision.
- Accommodations. Each Participant is responsible for its own accommodation and travel expenses, including parking and airfare. The Ticket Price does not include food and beverages, excluding welcome coffee during on-site registration.
- Permission to Use Image. During the Conference, Participants may be filmed or photographed, including to broadcast on media (TV, radio, Internet, press and social media) or for the purposes of documentation, marketing or advertising by RealTime Conference or its partners. By participating to the Conference, Participants give their explicit consent to the recording, use and/or dissemination by RealTime Conference of their voice, image, and expression in any promotional and marketing materials without limitation of time or territory. For greater clarification, this consent means that photos, videos and audio recordings taken during the Conference may be placed on the Conference website or other websites, as well as used in marketing material, social media content, including by dissemination in audio or video format. Participants hereby waive any claims (existing or future), including for compensation from RealTime Conference for such use of their image, voice or expression for the purposes defined hereunder. If you do not wish to give your consent for the use of your image for such purposes, or if you wish to withdraw your consent, please communicate with us at .
- Additional instructions. The Participants understand that their participation to the Conference may be subject to additional rules and instructions as communicated from time to time to the Participants, such as it relates to recording speakers. If a Participant is found to be in breach of such instructions or regulations, RealTime Conference may request the Participant to leave the Conference without any rights for reimbursement.
- Feedbacks. Realtime Conference welcomes and encourages feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). Any Feedback you submit to RealTime Conference will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. By submitting Feedback to RealTime Conference, you grant RealTime Conference a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual licence to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you.
- You hereby agree to release RealTime Conference from all damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or otherwise), losses, liabilities, costs and expenses of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of a dispute between you and a third party in connection with the Services.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold RealTime Conference its officers, directors, agents, licensors, partners, payment processing partners, and employees, harmless from any and all damages (whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or otherwise), loss, liability, cost and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ and accounting fees) resulting from any claim, demand, suit, proceeding (whether before an arbitrator, court, mediator or otherwise) or investigation made by a third party (each a “Claim”) relating to or arising out of: (a) your breach of these Terms and Conditions (including any terms or agreements or policies incorporated into these Terms and Conditions); (b) your use of the Services in violation of these Terms and Conditions or other policies, rules and instructions we make available to you; (c) your breach of any applicable local, state, provincial, national or other law, rule or regulation or the rights of any third party and (d) any damages you may cause to the venue(s) selected for the Conference, or third party material installed at the venue. If we choose to handle the Claim ourselves, you agree to cooperate with us in any way requested.
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. RealTime Conference expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose. For example, we make no warranty that (a) the Services (or any portion of the Services) will meet your requirements or expectations; (b) the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free or (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
- RealTime Conference shall not be liable for Participants’ belongings that may be lost, destroyed or stolen during the Conference. Participants are responsible for ensuring the security of their belongings.
- Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by applicable laws, or as otherwise set forth herein, RealTime Conference (and any person or entity associated with us for the provision of the Services, including partners, together, the “Associated Parties”) will not be liable to you or any third party, for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, opportunity costs, intangible losses, or the cost of substitute services (even if RealTime Conference has been advised of the possibility of such damages). The maximum aggregate liability of RealTime Conference, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, shall be limited to the value of the ticket purchased.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude or limit any condition, warranty, right or liability which may not be lawfully excluded or limited. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation or exclusion of liability for loss or damage caused by wilful acts, negligence, breach of contract, breach of implied terms, or incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, only those liabilities and other limitations which are lawful in your jurisdiction (if any) will apply to you and our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Export Control
- As a global company based in the US with operations in other countries, RealTime Conference complies with certain export controls and economic sanction laws. In accepting these Terms and Conditions, you represent and warrant that (a) you are not located in, and you are not a national or resident of, any country to which the United States, United Kingdom, European Union or Canada has embargoed goods and services of the same type as the Conference and (b) you are not a person or entity, or owned by, under the control of, or affiliated with, a person or entity (i) that appears on the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control’s Specifically Designated Nationals List, Foreign Sanctions Evaders List or Palestinian Legislative Council List, the U.S. Department of State’s Terrorist Exclusion List, the Bureau of Industry and Security’s Denied Persons, Entity or Unverified List, the Consolidated List of Targets published by the United Kingdom, and similar lists, and (ii) that is subject to sanctions in any other country or (iii) that is engaged in the design, development or production of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, missiles or unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Term; Termination
- RealTime Conference may refuse to sell tickets to Participants or may reimburse tickets sold to Participants who are in violation of these Terms and Conditions or applicable local, state, provincial, national and other laws, or as necessary to protect RealTime Conference’s legal liability.
- All provisions of these Terms, that by their nature should survive termination of these Terms, will survive, including, without limitation, all limitations on liability, releases, indemnification obligations, disclaimers of warranties, choices of law and judicial form and intellectual property protections and licences, as well as consents to use Participants’ image.
- These Terms and Conditions shall otherwise terminate upon the completion of the Conference.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions. We reserve our rights to make changes to these Terms and Conditions. If such changes are material, we will send an e-mail to Participants. Participants who disagree with any such changes must notify RealTime Conference in writing at , and RealTime Conference may accept such refusal, or issue a reimbursement for the tickets. Such notifications must be sent to RealTime Conference within 14 days of the notification of modification to these Terms and Conditions. After this delay, Participants will be deemed to consent to the modifications.
- Governing Laws and Jurisdictions. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Any legal actions against RealTime Conference must be brought in front of competent courts in New York, New York, United States, unless stated otherwise by applicable laws, such as consumer protection laws.
- No Class Actions. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Participant agrees that each Participant may bring claims against RealTime Conference only in its individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or a class member in any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding.
- Assignment. RealTime Conference may assign, without your consent or your approval, these Terms and Conditions and our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to an affiliate or to another entity in connection with a corporate transaction or otherwise. You may not assign these Terms and Conditions, except if stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions.
- Interpretation. These Terms and Conditions describe the entire understanding and agreement of the parties and supersede all oral and written agreements or understandings between them related to its subject matter. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is in violation of any governmental statute or regulations, or is illegal for any reason, said provision shall be self-deleting without affecting the validity of the remaining provisions. The waiver of a breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not operate or be interpreted as a waiver of any other or subsequent breach.
April 6 & 7, 2020 in New York and Paris
910 Riverside Drive
New York New York
10032, United States
1. What types of personal data does RealTime Conference collects, and why?
With your explicit consent or pursuant to a sale contract with you, as defined in applicable laws, we collect the following personal data. Please see section 2. below to find information on the Cookies that we collect.
|Name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, name of affiliated company||We need this information to register you as a participant to our conference(s).|
|Payment Data||Transaction data (date of payment, confirmation of payments, etc.)||
We use PayPal
Subjects of interests to be discussed at the conference (facultative).
|We request this information so that our speakers can adjust their content based on the preferences of the participant.|
|First name, last name, title, company, e-mail address and phone numbers will be shared with other participating attendees. Participants may also upload a picture (facultative).||Participants may opt-in and consent to share their personal data with other participants for networking purposes.|
|Newsletter||E-mail Consent to receive e-mails||If you consent to receive our newsletters, we will send you e-mails about update and marketing content. You can unsubscribe at any time.|
We may also use your personal data for our legitimate interests, which can also be considered an implicit consent under certain jurisdictions. The table below contains an overview of the personal data we collect on these grounds.
|Communication e-mails||We may communicate with you through the e-mail that you shared with us as part of the registration process for any important communication that you should be aware of, including changes to the agenda, change to the dates, etc.|
|Electronic data||Electronic data includes IP addresses and information collected about your operating system.||We collect electronic data to fix bugs, ensure the security of our website and for analytic purposes.|
If you communicate with us by e-mail, mail or social media, we will collect the personal data that you share with us for this purpose, and to respond to your inquiries. Please see section 2. below to find information on the Cookies that we collect.
2. What Cookies do you use and why?
We collect Cookies that classify in each of these categories:
|Type of cookie||Description||Examples|
These are necessary for our Services to function as intended, and to be secured. Security cookies are used to protect data from third parties and to prevent fraud. Process cookies help to make our Website work as intended, such as to order tickets. These generally do not require your consent to be installed
We use a cookie called PHPSESSID that preserves user session state across page requests.
Statistic cookies are used to general aggregated data about features or properties of a website to determine whether they are popular, or if they function as intended.
Google Analytics’ main cookie is called _ga and is a statistics cookie. Click here to learn more about our user of Google Analytics.
|Advertising||Advertising cookies are used to track users across websites so they can get better target ads, and to target the success of such ads.||
Collect is a pixel that enables us to understand what browser and device (ie mobile or desktop) the user is using and which website or social media platform they
4. Do you use Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is Google’s analytical tool that helps us to understand how our visitors engage with our Website. It uses a set of cookies to collect information and report site usage statistics without allowing RealTime Conference to identify individual visitors. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘_ga’ cookie.
In addition to reporting site usage statistics, data collected by Google Analytics may also be used, together with other advertising cookies, to help show more relevant ads on Google (like Google Search) and across the web to measure interactions with ads.
We do not currently use Google Remarketing or Google AdWords for interest-based advertising purpose, including re-targeting.
5. To whom do you disclose my personal data ?
Let’s be clear, we do not sell your personal data to data brokers. However, we do share your personal data with certain types of third parties as explained in the table below:
Transaction data (e.g. price of purchase)
Electronic data (e.g. IP addresses)
We share such data with financial partners to complete payments of your tickets to attend conference.
|IT providers||Registration information and other data processed through our Services||IT providers are used to perform functions such as hosting our Website, and as a result, are processing your personal data.|
|Cookies and electronic data E-mails||
We share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytic partners through cookies, and they may combine it with other information that you have provided to them, or that they have collected when you used their Services.
|First name, last name, title, company, e-mail address, phone numbers.||If participants opt-in to share their information for networking purposes only.|
|Strictly as requested in a valid court order or as required by the law||We may receive requests by authorities to access your personal data. We will validate that the request is licit before responding. When possible, we will advise you.|
|First name, last name, title, company, e-mail address, phone numbers.||If participants opt-in to share their information for networking purposes only.|
We share your personal data with our financial and legal advisors or auditors if there is a legitimate reason for us to do so, or if we are required to do so to defend our rights and interests.In the case of a merger or acquisition, sale of assets, corporate reorganization, bankruptcy filing, insolvency procedures or similar circumstances, your personal data is considered our assets and property. In these circumstances, ownership of your personal data may be transferred or we may have to share some of your personal data to conclude, negotiate or discuss with third parties. We will only share what we are required to share for these purposes.
6. How do you keep my personal data secured?
We deploy commercially reasonabletechnical security controls to ensure the security of your personal data while you are using our Services, and based on the risks identified. However, the Internet is never entirely secure, and we encourage you to take precautions, such as not using unsecured connection when processing a payment.
7. Where do you store my personal data?
Our Website is hosted in France, in the European Union. However, our suppliers and third parties may process your
personal data internationally, including in the United States.
8. Can I withdraw my consent?
You can withdraw your consent toreceive communications by e-mail at , or directly from the e-mails that you receive from us.
9. How long do you retain my personal data?
We retain personal data for as long >as necessary to provide you with the Services, or as required by applicable laws, whichever is longer. As it relates to Cookies, we use both persistent and session cookies. Session cookies are deleted once your close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain active on your device for some time. Google Analytics stays installed on your device for 2 years. This allows website to track you for analytic purposes, as well as for marketing purposes.
10. Can I manage my Cookie preferences?
You can always manage your cookie preferences. However, some functionalities may require Cookies in order to
perform as expected, or for security purposes, such as for payment processing. You can control your cookie preferences through your browser. Depending on the browser that you are using, different instructions are applicable. Click on your browser for more information:
11. Do I have any rights over my personal data?
Yes! Depending on where you are located, these may vary. We recommend that you consult the websites of regulatory
authorities in your jurisdiction to determine the extent of your rights. These rights may include:
- The right to access the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to be informed about how we process your personal data, including with whom we shared it;
- T he right to rectify your personal data if they are incorrect, incomplete, invalid or ambiguous;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data
- The right to data portability
All of these rights are subject to limitations, exceptions and applicable laws in your jurisdiction. You can exercise your rights by e-mail at or by mail, at the above address. Before processing your request, we will need to identify you. We will use the personal data available to us whenever possible, but we may have to ask for additional personal data in certain circumstances. We will respond to your request within 30 days, and if we cannot accept your request, we will provide you with explanations. We will also inform you of how you can contest our decision in your jurisdiction. These requests are free.
12. Can we change this Policy?
Yes! We may need to modify this Policy to reflect new processing activities, adapt to new laws and regulations, reflect technological changes or corporate changes, such as a result of a merger and acquisition. In case of material changes, we will send an e-mail to individuals who have shared with us their contact details. You can view the date of the latest update at the top of this page, and you can always reach out to us at , should you have any questions. Your continued use of the Services is deemed an acceptance of this Policy.